US President Barack Obama announced a major reform to immigration policy in June which will help around 1.7 million undocumented immigrants to live and work openly in the country.
The permit will allow the migrants to stay and work for at least two years in United States. This brings a ray of hope for lakhs of migrants who are in US and looking for a livelihood.
As per the new policy, migrants with the following criteria can apply:
- You must have entered US before the age of 16
- Your age should not exceed 30 years as on June 2012
- You should have stayed continuously for 5 years in USA
- You must be a graduate or studying in high school
- You should not have any criminal case against your name
The permit will also be issued to be migrants who have served US military. Applicants need to pay a 465 US dollar fee and provide a proof of identity.
Proof of identity can be
- Birth certificate
- School transcripts
- Medical and financial records
- Military service records
- Multiple sworn affidavits
The decision on each applicant will take a few months and the immigrants are warned not to leave the country before the decision.
People who want to work in US
or settle there can visit Opulentus for more information. Fill a simple FREE Evaluation Form
to know about your US immigration prospects.
Call us on 1800 103 1555
or sms “VISA” to 56263
Share your views and thoughts on Facebook.